Thursday, June 16, 2011

IRONMAN NEW YORK CITY

                                     I am in.




Everyone on facebook was freaking out how much the price was for the IRONMAN NEW YORK CITY. A normal Ironman will cost between $550- $600. That is just to do the race. NO ladies a bike does not come with that price. Now WTC (corporation that owns IRONMAN brand) announced a week prior to the race registration opening up that it will cost from $750- $1000. This is when their Facebook page began to flood with comments. I personally complained. It is completely ridiculous to spend that money on race registration. WTC is very smart. They knew people would still want to get in.

                           Registration opened June 15, 2011 @ 12 PM ET
  
                    Registration was sold out on June15, 2011 @ 12:11 PM ET

         Honestly I tried to get as much money from my friends and family to get in the race. I do not have that money laying around. I love the sport, this is my passion in life. But it seems that I will have to be rich to start participating in the sport I love. I have two choices. 1) Get rich     OR  2) Become pro

          My life philosophy is "Do what you love". I love to wake up, swim, bike, run, eat, sleep, repeat. My passion is not to become a doctor or lawyer or postal office worker. My dream is to do this for a living. I want to sustain myself while doing the things I love. If not I will not be happy.

                              IRONMAN NEW YORK CITY


This is THE race. I am lucky I have a great family, and friends. 1 year and 2 months to prove myself and everyone else. It is possible to chase down your dreams. When it hurts I will go harder. When it is 5 AM and everyone is sleeping in on saturday I will wake up and train. When I am not motivated to keep going I will watch youtube videos and head out the door. While this is all happening I will be thinking of the people who have supported me, those are the people named BELOW



 THANK YOU AND A SHOUT OUT TO:
-Stephanie Guzman
-Erland Castillo
-Elena Hlinka
-Ruben Escano
- Jose and Ana Escobar (daddy and mommy)


"Thanks guys for helping me out and supporting me and my dreams. I know each of you have your own dreams and are busy with it, but somehow you have taken the money and time out to help me out and support me and mine. Thank you for that and I really do appreciate it all."


And a special shout out who made it all happen and the person who has stuck with me through bad and great. My big brother 
-Tony Escobar


"If it wasn't because of you I wouldn't believe in myself and none of this would have happened. You are always there for me when the time gets tough and when the time gets great. You have showed me what it is not to fear the world. That is why I am chasing my dream. I have no idea where I would be without you. I love you always Big Bro."





No comments:

Post a Comment